We're living in perilous times.
- Our chief ally in the Middle East was brutally attacked by a terrorist organization and although the planning took months, our intelligence community is apparently so flawed that no one saw it coming
- Elected officials are divided more than ever (what's new) over Israeli / Palestinian allegiance
- The House of Representatives is in a shambles with no permanent Speaker after the former one was tossed out because of a personal grudge.
- Government funding runs out in about 5 weeks
- A single senator is still holding up over 300 military promotions because of a policy dispute, which is now jeopardizing readiness
- The freedom of Ukraine hangs in the balance because of growing nationalism in WADC with the virtual certainty that Russia becomes emboldened if it declares victory
- The leading candidate for the GOP nomination for president is under multiple indictments
- And finally, it seems that most people feel like the current president, and leading candidate for the Democratic nomination, is too old to serve.